CLEANACCESS Archives

April 2007

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Jim McNabb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Apr 2007 16:39:33 -0500
We're running CCA 4.0.4 servers with CCA agent 4.0.4.

We just started noticing a problem with all student Windows XP Media
Center Edition systems not passing the Windows update requirement.  But,
when you do a Windows Update on them it says no updates are required.

The CCA agent report for the XP MCE systems is unusual too, it isn't
listing the specific Windows fixes anymore. It looks like the following:

----------
1.  Windows Updates are Required (Mandatory)

     * Passed Checks:
     * Failed Checks:
     * Not executed Checks:
       pc_AutoUpdateCheck
2.  AV_Install (mandatory)
----------

The CCA agent report for other Windows versions are showing the normal
report with a full fix listing (both for passing systems and failing ones).

We haven't changed anything in our CCA system that we're aware of.  Has
anyone else experienced this problem?  We've temporarily exempted the XP
Media Center systems from the Windows update requirement, but we can't
run that way very long.  We need to get this problem fixed next week.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

      Jim M

--