CLEANACCESS Archives

October 2006

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Bryan Ford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Oct 2006 16:15:58 -0500
Hey thanks Alok
these had been added a year or so ago
and they were added as a controlled port then when we switched to 4.0.1

we had to move them into uncontrolled.
What you recommened we have tried and so far have not seen the issue
on
that switch since the change. So hopefully that fixed the issue.
It's a comfort that you stated what we tried.
Thanks again will let you know if we see it again.
bryan

Hey Bryan,
Was this switch recently added? Also when the switch was added, was
the
switch profile deafult as "controlled"? If that was done, then its
possible that the trunk links became controlled ports and hance CCA
changed the native vlan on those ports. Afterwards if the trunk ports
are changed to uncontrolled ports, we will no longer change the native
vlan, however the native vlans will remain to whatever value they were
changed to previously.

I would recommend removing the switch from the CAM, correcting thr
native vlans on all the ports, and then re-adding the switch with the
port profile as default uncontrolled.
Please let me know if that helps.
Thanks
-Alok