CLEANACCESS Archives

February 2009

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Jeremy Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Feb 2009 11:27:58 -0500
I know that the Clean Access Agent is able to see all the MAC
addresses of a client and forward them to the CAM when it logs on. We
have 2 pairs of CAS, one set is Real-IP Gateway and the other set is
Out-of-Band Real-IP Gateway and we are seeing that users have to logon
twice; once for wired and once for wireless. Now this isn't a huge
deal but anything we can do to streamline the logon process would be
nice.

I'm assuming that we are having this issue because the users come
across different CAS's and that if, for example, we went full OOB
Real-IP Gateway that the problem would be resolved. I'm not sure and
don't want to spend time trying to work out the logistics of moving
our wireless to OOB if that is not the root cause.

Is anyone else seeing this problem or rather not seeing it in their setup?

--Jeremy