CLEANACCESS Archives

November 2005

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Mike Binns <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Nov 2005 13:56:25 -0500
One thing Cisco should consider is verifying non-windows computers using
java, which is a bit harder to spoof.

i.e. if the user agent check says the computer is windows, it proceeds
as it does now by presenting the windows application to install, but if
the user agent check says the computer is not windows, then it presents
a java applet that double checks this. If the applet finds it is
windows, it forces the user to download the windows application (and
maybe alerts the network staff that someone is spoofing).

The code necessary is here:
https://lists.xcf.berkeley.edu/lists/advanced-java/2001-May/016762.html

Just my .02

-Mike Binns