CLEANACCESS Archives

May 2009

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Bruce A. Locke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 May 2009 21:21:55 -0400
Today was the day I swapped in our new NAC 3350 gear to replace our Dell equipment and upgraded to CCA 4.5.  We had one existing in-band 3350 and two new ones we needed to swap in as in-band also.

When I went to the Cisco website and registered the PAKs for the new gear I was not asked if it was for in-band or out-of-band.  The emails sent to me contained out-of-band keys.  When I asked Cisco TAC to reissue me a license for an existing 3350 they reissued me a license that was also out-of-band without asking.

I didn't realize all this until a few hours ago when I imported all my keys.  The strange thing is even though all our CCA servers are in-band "Real IP Gateway" servers it didn't complain at all.  I checked the Purchase Orders for this gear and the part numbers and descriptions didn't specify which type.

Does anyone know if the distinction between out-of-band and in-band licensing died?  Are we allowed to flip back and forth now?  Or should I be calling TAC and asking them to reissue all my license keys for in-band?

Thanks again.

--
Bruce A. Locke
HAB 50 - (845) 257-3809

Network Administrator
Computer Services
State University of New York at New Paltz