CLEANACCESS Archives

November 2004

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Deborah Hovey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 2004 12:01:43 -0500
Likewise- our quarantine role is very limiting- they all seem to want
Instant Messaging.  At the moment we have 2 users in the temporary role
out of 2500.

We are set up in a similar manner but our "open window" only allows
HTTP
to the Internet - it does not allow HTTP, POP3, IMAP or SMTP to our
own
servers which blocks the students from email. It also kills AIM and
that
alone is a big motivator - this keeps them honest.

Jeff