CLEANACCESS Archives

October 2005

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Aaron Havens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Oct 2005 10:34:38 -0500
The question came up because we were having problems with one of our
VLANs. Users on that VLAN can pull a DHCP address but can't go anywhere
else on the network. (We use DHCP relay) The Agent has the Login option
grayed out. If the users computer is moved to another CCA managed vlan
it works fine.

The networking group said they haven't changed anything and we haven't
changed anything on our end with the server so I was hoping maybe the
problem could be resolved by rebooting.

We currently have had 92 days of uptime with no problems. However when I
went to reboot the fail over servers I found that one of them did not
have a link on the switch. So now we are troubleshooting that.

--
Aaron Havens
Network Technician