CLEANACCESS Archives

October 2007

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Osborne, Bruce W. (NS)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Oct 2007 15:28:48 -0400
Greg,

It sounds like you are not using the mac-notification SNMP trap. The
switch will send out this trap whenever there is a change in the mac
addresses on a switch port.

The port configuration should have a "snmp trap mac-notification added"
line.
Your config should have a line like:

snmp-server host <CAM IP> version 2c <Community>  mac-notification snmp

Bruce Osborne
Liberty University