CLEANACCESS Archives

February 2012

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Antonio Soares <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Feb 2012 18:39:40 -0000
Hello group,

We just made an upgrade from 4.8.0 to 4.8.2 and we are fighting with a very
strange issue. One of the PCI Express NICs got faulty and we had to replace
it. Now we have the two Servers not able to communicate with each other.
Each one says Active, Peer Dead. The 'eth2' are connected to different
switches but from the switches (via SVI interface) it is possible to ping
each CAS Server. But from the Server we cannot ping the peer Server...

It was working after a few reboots... But yesterday a new reboot was made
just to check the behavior and it happened again. We are not sure but we
think the problem was there before one of the NICs got faulty...

Any ideas ?

Thanks.

Regards,

Antonio Soares, CCIE #18473 (R&S/SP)