CLEANACCESS Archives

October 2007

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

Date:
Mon, 1 Oct 2007 11:12:52 -0400
NAC version 4.1.2.1

We have a user role (staff) that may be logging into multiple types of
computers.  Ones owned by the college, which are configured to update to our
own WSUS server, and their personal laptops/computers which should not have
access to the WSUS server, and instead should hit Microsoft's update servers.

I have determined that a computer configured with our WSUS server has a
specific registry key indicating the URL of our WSUS server, whereas
someone's personal computer will not have that key.

We are trying to create rules and checks based off of these criteria to
determine the remediation path for the user.  Unfortunately, TAC says this
is not possible to accomplish.

Is there anyone else out there that has a similar requirement, and if so,
how do you do it?