CLEANACCESS Archives

September 2007

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Brian Beausoleil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Sep 2007 15:17:29 -0400
We have been having the same problems and have exact steps to get it
working.  We have the same model perc card and now have 1 of our 4
servers running CAS 4.1.2.

Step 1 - you need to go into the RAID bios, remove the current VD.
Recreate it as Raid 1 and do a FULL init and NOT a QUICK init.
Step 2 - in 1950 bios you need to have serial ON without redirection and
the redirect after boot set to disabled.

Other than that all bios setting should be default.  After you do your
install with those changes your server should run fine without the
kernel panic.

Just as a side note we also changed our nic setting in the bios to
enabled WITHOUT PXE just to speed up the boot process but that would be
totally up to you.