CLEANACCESS Archives

October 2007

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Jeffrey Toaddy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Oct 2007 09:42:02 -0400
CCA Admins,

Miami is tightening up its network access, and thus plans to retire the
"guest access" button in favor of issuing temporary guest accounts to
official University guests.

Does anyone do this in a manner they would care to share?

We will be needing to:
-create policy as to what constitutes an "official" guest
-work out how those guests can assert their identities without coming in
with picture ID
-create the technical side of maintaining those accounts for a period of
time and automatically removing them

On the CCA side I plan to simply use the API to add a local account (our
normal auths are against Radius).

Thanks much for your thoughts,
Jeffrey Toaddy
Miami University