CLEANACCESS Archives

September 2007

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Scott Corn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Sep 2007 08:41:48 -0500
We ran into a similar problem yesterday. Four students in one dorm could not "contact"
the DNS server. We ran out of IP addresses for that subnet. The  IP address lease was
set for 30 days and we set it back to 2 weeks. A new subnet will have to be added soon.

Scott Corn
Network Engineer
Northern Illinois University

>>> "King, Michael" <[log in to unmask]> 9/18/2007 2:03 PM >>>
I got called out to a suite of computer users.

Apparently, all 8 users cannot get on Clean Access thru they wired
connections, but they're wired works fine.

I try the Jack with my computer, everything works as it should.

I try to diagnose it on they're computers.

They cannot contact the DNS servers, when using they're wired
connection.  However, they're wireless connection works fine.

Anyone have any idea on how I could resolve this?  It's 8 users all in
the same room, so something is hokey.

Michael King

Technology Systems & Networking

Bridgewater State College