CLEANACCESS Archives

April 2008

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Ben Fielden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Apr 2008 11:09:20 -0400
Yea, I'm with Greg on this. How would you know whose permissions to
apply if they have yet to log in?

Here at GW we do two tiers of blocking. If we get a notification that
the user needs to be turned off (disciplinary action, legal action, etc)
than their account gets the problem role and their only access is to an
"Access Denied - Call Student Technology Services" site. If the issue is
the machine that they're on (bandwidth use, file sharing, security issue
of some kind, etc) than the MAC gets filtered in the manager to use that
same role and they only get access to that same site. Sometimes both of
these methods have to be applied together if a user gets his/her
roommate to login for them.

Ben Fielden
Student Technology Services
The George Washington University