CLEANACCESS Archives

October 2006

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Rajesh Nair (rajnair)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 2006 15:25:24 -0700
Mike, Bill,

That is why it has to be DNS.  It works as follows - client machine
tries to do an http request, for e.g. http://www.google.com.  IE first
resolves www.google.com via DNS and then tries to do an http get from
that IP address.  When this request comes to the CAS, it will redirect
the user to -https://<cas-ssl-domain>/auth/perfigo_weblogin.jsp.

So, two things could be wrong -

1) CAS's SSL domain is incorrectly specified as the xxx.xxx.53.xxx IP
address as opposed to the name (computer.berkeley.edu).  Look at CAM ->
CCA Servers -> (Manage) -> Network -> Certs and look at the
"Current SSL Certificate Domain" value.  Can you check this to make sure
it is right?  Did you import the cert and key on both the machines in
the HA pair?

2) CAS's SSL domain is correctly specified in the cert but when the CAS
asks the client machine to go to
https://computer.berkeley.edu/auth/perfigo_weblogin.jsp, the client
machine incorrectly resolves it to the xxx.xxx.53.xxx address.  If #1 is
not the culprit, do an "ipconfig /flushdns" on the client machine and
try this again.

-Rajesh.