CLEANACCESS Archives

September 2007

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Caines, Max" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Sep 2007 14:50:17 +0100
Hi

Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately turning IPv6 off didn't help.
The problem appears to be that the Clean Access Agent is reporting the wrong
MAC address to the server. When you ask the Macintosh, it says its address
is 00:1b:63:c9:ef:96, which is also what you get in the ARP table of another
system on the same subnet that pings it. However, when I turned L2 Strict
Mode off (which allowed it to log in) and checked the list of online users,
the system with that IP address was recorded as 00:14:51:e6:8b:21. I did an
"ifconfig -a" on the system, but couldn't see any device using that MAC
address. Anyone have any idea where CCA might be getting it from or what I
should look at next?

Thanks

Max