CLEANACCESS Archives

January 2007

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
YueFan Lam <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2007 10:52:30 +0800
I took these strings from a different proggy:

${LANG_ENGLISH} "Program Files"

${LANG_GERMAN} "Programmdateien"

${LANG_PORTUGUESEBR} "Arquivos de programas"

${LANG_DANISH} "Programmer"

${LANG_LITHUANIAN} "Programos failai"

${LANG_SPANISH} "Archivos de programa"

${LANG_FRENCH} "Fichiers"

${LANG_GREEK} "Áñ÷åßá ðñïãñÜììáôïò"

${LANG_TRADCHINESE} "µ{¦¡ÀÉ(r)×"

${LANG_HUNGARIAN} "Programfájlok"

${LANG_ITALIAN} "Programmi"

${LANG_KOREAN} "ÇÁ·Î±×·¥"

${LANG_SLOVAK} "Program"

${LANG_RUSSIAN} "Program Files"

Basically the file could not be found since we are looking for
"Program Files" while CCA might not really know that non-English XP
should have a different directory name for that.

For instance, a student would have Spanish XP installed so that we
should be able to find the file here:

C:\Archivos de programa\Symantec Antivirus\rtvscan.exe

Do you guys think that CCA might be looking for this instead?

C:\Program Files\Symantec Antivirus\rtvscan.exe

I pretty much ran into the same problems before when we were
installing Sophos. Maybe it was not worth the effort to change
anything on the server side so I simply got rid of the software and
then re-install it after I manually created this directory:

C:\Program Files

So only anti-virus software is installed under "Program Files" all by
itself while the rest can be located under "Archivos de programa" from
now on. More like a workaround but it does work like a charm.

That means we have to manually install the anti-virus for non-English
XP rather than running a script or something. A very brief training
might be required for our staff and/or student workers.

Not exactly sure whether it could be addressed by future releases of
CCA or not. They would have to obtain some non-English XP for testing
purposes and then replicate that specific problem to see what to do
about it.