CLEANACCESS Archives

October 2008

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Nathaniel Austin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Oct 2008 21:44:39 -0400
Hey Mike,

Word from the BU is that they will only update from Microsoft once a
month, so this one will not go into the checks and rule set until next
months Patch Tuesday release.

So a preemptive apology to everyone out there who wants this now. I
think there are some good custom checks that some of you have created to
at least get it checked for in your environments in the meantime.

I know this isn't really a consolation, but I think this again proves
that the WSUS style requirement that checks against Microsoft's WU
servers instead of our checks and rules is a much better option.

Nate