CLEANACCESS Archives

June 2007

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Lanstein, Alex C" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jun 2007 16:27:16 -0400
One of my last projects here is to implement a guest access system with a decently pretty front end.  For some reason, the addlocaluser didn't take a description, even though it's an option in the DB.  I changed it below to allow for it.  The desc parameter is optional as you can see, and if you're going to pass data into it, be sure to urlencode() it in case there are funky characters.  I'm on 4.1.1

    else if(fDel && oper.equals("addlocaluser"))
    {
        String user = Util.getStrParameter(request, "username", "");
        String pass = Util.getExactStrParameter(request, "userpass", "");
        String role = Util.getStrParameter(request, "userrole", "");
        String desc = Util.getStrParameter(request, "desc", "");
        if(user == null || user.trim().length() == 0
            || pass == null || pass.length() == 0
            || role == null || role.trim().length() == 0)
        {
%>      <!--error=Invalid parameter values -->  <%
            return;
        }
        if (desc == null || desc == "")
                desc = "Created using API";
        int roleId = rim.getRoleIdByName(role);
        UserAccount ua = new UserAccount(-1, user, pass, roleId, desc, UserAccount.ACCOUNT_ENABLED);
        if(uam.addUserAccount(ua))
        {
%>      <!--error=0-->  <%
        }
        else
        {
%>      <!--error=User account creation failed-->  <%
        }
    }

Regards,

Alex Lanstein
Network and Systems Administrator, FireEye, Inc.
BOFH, LBCCHosting
860-625-4277