CLEANACCESS Archives

November 2009

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Pete Boynton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Nov 2009 09:10:31 -0500
Hello,

We will be acquiring a CAS soon that we want to use for guest access. We will be deploying an OOB virtual gateway. Right now I see three potential users for this CAS and I was wondering if I could do what we want to do.

First of all the three types of users are:

Group 1. Internal Laptop users (These are people who work on site fulltime but who may work from different conference rooms or open desks that are spread out in the building)
Group 2. Sales Laptops users (These are people who come in once in a while, maybe once a week and sit in the same place most of the time, however they could use the conference rooms as well.
Group 3. Third party vendors, sales people, auditors, friends of the company. (These are unknowns and would only be given internet access)

So what I would like to do is make it as easy as possible for Internal Laptop users to get on the network. These users would not have any restrictions on areas of the network they could get to. So if I can avoid an agent that would be great, also if an assessment can be avoided that would be great too.

For internal Sales people I would like to have more control. This would include traffic control and assessments. Obviously this will require an agent install which is fine. I don't have many users like this.

Now for the External folks I want the most control of course, but if they don't have any agent how do I accomplish this?

I guess my doubts come from the fact that one person from any of these groups could be plugging into the same port. The conference rooms are the first places that come to mind.

Thanks for any help or advice,

pedro