CLEANACCESS Archives

July 2005

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Homer Manila <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jul 2005 10:23:28 -0400
One should be able to construct a running check from scratch by finding
out what services are running for what AV function you want to check for
(use process explorer or something equivalent) and just create a new
service check for it.  At least that's how I understand it is supposed
to work.  I had trouble with it myself and just ended up making
application checks instead. It is encouraging to note that Georgia did
not see a lot of fails for a running check; now I don't feel so bad
about not including one :)

On the McAfee note, I have an open TAC with Cisco, and apparently a lot
of other schools do too.  The  McAfee update function in the CCA agent
is tricky. It seems to have problems contacting certain servers and

--Homer Manila
Network Security Administrator
e-Operations,
Network Security