CLEANACCESS Archives

September 2005

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Simon Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Sep 2005 16:52:54 -0400
from the release notes (http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/vpn/ciscosec/cca/cca35/35rn.htm#wp313647):
New Enable/Disable L3 Option on CAS

Release 3.5(3) introduced support for multi-hop L3 in-band deployments, and with release 3.5(3) and 3.5(4), this feature was enabled by default. With release 3.5(5), the administrator has the option of enabling or disabling the L3 feature at the CAS level. L3 capability will be disabled by default after upgrade or new install of 3.5(5), and enabling the feature will require an update and reboot of the Clean Access Server.

To Enable L3 Capability:

1. Go Device Management > CCA Servers > Manage [IP address] > Network and click the checkbox for "Enable L3 support for Clean Access Agent."

2. Click Update.

3. Click Reboot.

Note The CAS Discovery Host field still automatically populates with the IP address of the CAM by default after new install or upgrade to 3.5(5).

To Disable L3 Capability:

To disable L3 discovery of the Clean Access Server at the CAS level for all Clean Access Agents:

1. Go Device Management > CCA Servers > Manage [IP address] > Network and make sure the checkbox for "Enable L3 support for Clean Access Agent" is NOT checked.

2. Click Update.

3. Click Reboot.

To disable L3 discovery of the Clean Access Server for NEW installs of the Clean Access Agent (3.5.3+)

1. Go Device Management > Clean Access > Clean Access Agent > Distribution.

2. Change the CAS Discovery Host field from your CAM's IP address to 127.0.0.1.

3. Click Update.

>>> [log in to unmask] 9/6/2005 4:25 PM >>>
Forgive me for not knowing this, but how does one "enable" L3 capability.
Here at UCI we do not NAT, however a bunch of our residents still insist on
pluggin in wireless routers and wonder why they have problems.

Thanks in advance,

Ted Roberge
Manager, Residential Network Services
University of Callifornia, Irvine