CLEANACCESS Archives

April 2008

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Nathaniel Austin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 2008 10:53:50 -0400
Hey Jeff,

Correct. Our code currently supports installation checks for AVG 8 but
not definition checks (see latest release notes for that info).

I had created a custom rule for another customer that appears to work in
the meantime. It does a file modification date check on the file:

C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\updatecomps.cfg

That file's modification date changes when it updates (note that I
couldn't find a reg key or file that contains the date of the
definitions, but if you do an update from AVG and there are updates,
this file gets modified, so it will check that a client has at least
received updates).

Nate