CLEANACCESS Archives

May 2006

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Cal Frye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 May 2006 16:04:46 -0400
Very carefully ;-)
The big concern is with the CA Agent, requiring folks to authenticate far more
regularly than they're used to, and twice in a row. I'm trying to argue it's a
good thing, and will help them remember their passwords without those little
sticky notes, but I'm the lone voice in the wilderness...

The user education issue is the main reason we haven't gone this route earlier.
Lots of emails, documentation, and probably won't go live for real until
September, when everyone's returned and we've had a few weeks to convince them.

There will be grumbling, after all that, but I'm in Networking, so I'm used to
taking the blame.

--Cal Frye, Network Administrator, Oberlin College
   www.calfrye.com, www.pitalabs.com, www.ouuf.org