CLEANACCESS Archives

September 2008

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Gerry Gysbers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Sep 2008 15:28:11 -0400

Very similar to a post in July .... we never did get our blackberry 8820
working with our Clean Access system ... we now have a Blackberry Bold
on loan to us for a few days - it seems no matter what "Browser
Identification" setting we pick out of the 3 possible - Blackberry,
Firefox, or Internet Explorer - the user (once authenticated with id and
password) is prompted to to Download Clean Access Agent .."

So, the blackberry appears to be a Windows-based system, as far as Clean
Access is concerned.

Does anyone know of any settings, browser, or otherwise, to allow the
blackberry bold/9000 to work - that is - to *not* appear as a Windows
device?

We do *not* want to go down the road of having people try out other 3rd
party browsers (e.g. Opera) to try to get this to work!

Thanks,

Gerry Gysbers
Network Analyst
McMaster University