CLEANACCESS Archives

July 2009

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Daniel Sichel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Jul 2009 08:10:19 -0700
I'm trying to figure out a way to create a check that can determine
which supplicant is being used over a wireless network. I want to
require the Funk Odyssey client. If the user
switched to using the Windows supplicant I want the check to fail but I
can't seem to make it work. A service check doesn't work because the
zero config service can be on or off and
the Funk still works. A registry value would be ideal but I can't seem
to find one if it even exists. Any ideas?

Can you do a combination of checking for the executable running for the
Funk Odyssey client and some registry entry indicating it is active and
the windows supplicant is not? That isn't iron clad of course, but it
should be pretty indicative.

Dan Sichel