CLEANACCESS Archives

March 2008

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Michael Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 2008 10:40:23 -0600
I've created a rule but have not tested it extensively.  I know it works
for my Vista Ultimate.  The rule is:

Registry Check --> Registry Value
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\
Value Name = CSDVersion
Value Data Type = String
Operator = equals
Value Data = Service Pack 1
Operating System = Windows Vista (All)

Then under the Requirement-Rules for the Windows Security Update I went
to each Vista type and set "Requirement met if" to "Any selected rule
succeeds" and checked this new Vista_SP1 rule that I created.

Michael Simpson
Network Engineer
Utah Valley State College
(801)863-8864

 >>> "Sean A Thomas" <[log in to unmask]> 3/19/2008 10:20 AM >>>
Well, I have gotten my first case of Vista SP1 causing CCA to fail the
checks.  Below is the snippet from the log for failed checks.  The
user
uninstalled the SP to get back on.  Has anyone created an rule to let
it
get by, or are you filtering them?

Failed Checks:
pc_KB929123_1_MS07-034_Vista, File Check [$SYSTEM_32\acctres.dll later
than [C]06/11/2007 00:00:00]
pc_vista64, Registry Check [\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Wow6432Node\
exists ]

Sean A. Thomas, MCP, RHCT
Academic Systems Administrator
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
386-226-6193 - Office

Any technology questions or issues, please contact IT Support at
386-226-6990