CLEANACCESS Archives

September 2007

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Mike Diggins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Sep 2007 12:56:32 -0400
I'm troubleshooting something similar right now. Windows Vista Home
premium running on a Toshiba laptop. Crashes each time I try to start the
Agent. I believe it is running the Avira AV software too. It's using
English settings though, not Italian. I'm going to have another look later
today.

-Mike

On Wed, 19 Sep 2007, Caines, Max wrote:

> I currently have a problem with a Sony laptop running Vista Home Premium in
> Italian. Every time the agent starts, it crashes, and the event log says the
> agent caused an access violation (0xc0000005). It's running Avira
> anti-virus, and Sony's Vaio environment, and that's about all. I've raised a
> TAC case about this and sent in a debug log, but I wondered if anyone else
> had seen this behaviour and had any ideas. I would like to give the student
> a solution. Unfortunately I don't understand much of the Italian, which
> doesn't help.
>
> Max Caines
> IT Services, University of Wolverhampton
> Wolverhampton, West Midlands WV1 1SB
> Tel: 01902 322245 Fax: 01902 322777

Mike Diggins       			Voice:  905.525.9140 Ext. 27471
Network Analyst, Enterprise Networks    FAX:    905.528.3773
University Technology Services 		E-Mail: [log in to unmask]
McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario