CLEANACCESS Archives

April 2012

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Daniel Sichel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Apr 2012 14:55:49 +0000
> kept being promised several things would be fixed in the 1.1 release and
> now
> that we have it up and running this has changed to either that is "expected
> in 1.2" or even worse 2.0

From the people who brought you NAC. Who knew? Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice.....
Cisco NAC darn near cost me my job. Is the screen that promises to filter by MAC address still there?
The instructions ON THE SCREEN were never implemented. I bought NAC for that feature. While trying to get it working, I had the NAC
Product manager tell me on a conference call that this was a documentation issue, not a broken feature. That after
Spending hours with TAC who apparently were never told that this "feature" was really documentation error;  they thought it
Should work, too. I have never, before or since had a product clearly describe something IN THE USER INTERFACE that does NOT exist.

I love most of my Cisco gear, but they have a habit of charging up the wazoo for sophisticated software
That does not do what they promise.  If they were not a huge corp. somebody surely would nail them for
Bait and switch. My clean access hardware is now being repurposed  as netmap scanners. That at least will help keep my network secure.

Dan SIchel