CLEANACCESS Archives

November 2006

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Dave Packham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 2006 14:20:32 -0700
we are doing the L3 jig here at Utah and there are some gotchas.

This might all be different when using the heavy client which we don't
use...

For Example

No mac address in the logs or web UI about the user from when he
authenticated (at least that we can find)
I wish cisco could lookup that mac info from the DHCP lease file they
just gave that user/ip

You have to add the managed subnets and the static routes in a certain
order and cannot modify them without removing them in the proper reverse
order.

You can use the CAS as a DHCP server with iphelper config on the client
side switches.

MPLS is a headache getting vlans/VRF's to the CAS trust side for egress
vlan retagging.

I can't seem to get the active/java sctipt mac address code to work with
the auth page.

Call me sometime and we can talk if you want to

801-587-0907

Dave Packham
U of Utah