CLEANACCESS Archives

January 2007

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Cal Frye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2007 15:07:50 -0500
Michael Grinnell wrote:
> Cal,
>
> IIRC, the mac_filter table is certified users.  I tend to use the
> user_info table, which is online users.  It uses IP + CCA server as the
> primary key, so you should never have a duplicate IP.

The duplicate IPs seem to be expired leases that were issued by the dhcp
service to other users, the table I queried is apparently comprehensive.
We'd rather have all users than merely online ones, as we don't run the
scripts that often, and we don't want to grant access to the CAM and
it's tables directly...

--
Regards,
-- Cal Frye, Network Administrator, Oberlin College

"I believe in a lively disrespect for most forms of authority." -- Rita
Mae Brown.