CLEANACCESS Archives

October 2009

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Pete Boynton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Oct 2009 09:20:31 -0400

>For what it's worth we have run 800-1000 users through a single IB CAS

>with no noticeable issues. And that's on five-year old HP DL120s. About

>3400 users overall on a single CAM.

Cal,

Thanks for the information. Another reason I want to keep it out of band is because if the device fails, we would be dead in the water right? Or does it matter? My understanding is if an OOB CAS fails users can still logon the network if you want to design it that way of course. Please let me know if I am wrong.

I appreciate any advice. The more, the better I can make decisions.

Pete

Hey my sister graduated from Oberlin two years ago and loved it! Sounds like a great school.