CLEANACCESS Archives

October 2005

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"King, Michael" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Oct 2005 14:19:57 -0400
FYI for you guys.

Looks like in 3.5.8 of the CCAA the GUID changed again. (Circa the 3.5.7
release)

Side effects of this:
	The GUID for 3.5.6 (f1e29b0e-94a4-4304-b993-4829fc2ed56c) is not
removed from the system, and all the registry keys from it are still
there

I have seen multiple laptops that when they try to upgrade, they give me
a MSI error cannot be found (usually pointing to some Temp File
location).  (This appears to be when going from 3.5.7 to 3.5.8 is the
only consistent case.  All of these machines started on 3.5.4 and have
been upgraded along the way.) Installing 3.5.6 or 3.5.5 then removing
it, then installing 3.5.8 from scratch appears to fix it.

I've also seen consistently the uninstall link for CCAA on the start
menu use the old GUID, so it cannot uninstall CCAA from the start menu.
Removal from the control panel appears to work fine)

I have not called TAC on this yet.  I will be logging a case about the
uninstall link. (This is the only issue where I have a laptop I can
point to, all the other issues were brought to me via a "By the way"
conversation with my support counter.)