CLEANACCESS Archives

February 2007

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Caines, Max" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Feb 2007 15:57:37 -0000
Hi

We're running 4.1.0.2 in in-band real-IP mode. We have a requirement set
as part of our Authenticated role that turns on Windows Update to
"Automatically download and notify to install". The requirement is
optional, and "Permanently override" is not set.

I tested this this morning with a PC which had Automatic Updates turned
off. I expected that once it had passed the tests, Automatic Updates
should have been turned on. That's what the note says on the page in
question ("If left unchecked, the admin setting will only apply when
Automatic Updates are disabled on the client; otherwise the user setting
applies when Automatic Updates are enabled"). In fact it was still off.
Is this not working, or am I mis-understanding what the note says?

Thanks

Max Caines
IT Services, University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton, West Midlands WV1 1SB
Tel: 01902 322245 Fax: 01902 322699