CLEANACCESS Archives

November 2006

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Simon Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2006 11:00:22 -0500
The new checks don't require IE7. The checks currently look for critical updates and if you're using IE7, the required updates adjust to reflect updates for ie6 only. For example, if you have ie7 installed, then you wouldn't be required to have the list of checks bound to ie6. From the pr_xp_hotfixes rule:

(pc_IE7_0|(pc_KB917344_MS06-023_XP&pc_KB923191_MS06-057_XP))

To pass this portion of the rule you must either have ie7 installed or "|" the following pc_checks which are part of the ie6 set of critical updates.

Simon