CLEANACCESS Archives

July 2005

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Michael Grinnell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jul 2005 09:50:34 -0400
Correct me if I'm wrong, as I'm rather new to this CCA thing, but I
think all of the Cisco defined checks already have corresponding
Cisco defined rules.  It's only new checks that you might want to
define a new rule for.  Also, I don't know if this is a "best
practice" for CCA (or if there are any "best practices" for CCA at
all) but we typically define rules containing more than one check,
e.g. a service check and a file check.  We have only a few one to one
check to rule relationships.

Michael Grinnell
Network Security Administrator
The American University