CLEANACCESS Archives

December 2007

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Osborne, Bruce W. (NS)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Dec 2007 16:04:34 -0500
Deb,

Make sure you reduce the TTL (Time to live) on the DNS records some time
before you update the DNS records. Otherwise, some DNS servers and
clients may have the old IP address cached. Reducing the TTL increases
the load on your DNS servers because the record will be checked more
frequently, but it will minimize the caching issue.

Bruce Osborne
Liberty University