CLEANACCESS Archives

October 2006

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Rajesh Nair (rajnair)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 2006 14:01:14 -0700
No Tom, people will not be logged off.  However, I would advice that
this be done during a scheduled maintenance window.  Reason is that you
will delete the managed subnet first and then re-add one.  When the
managed subnet is deleted, certain users might have issues reaching the
CAS until the managed subnet is added back.

One thing you need to keep in mind - you might have to kick off all
users on that subnet because they would all have the wrong subnet mask
because of the DHCP lease they might have already received.  However,
you may not have to do this if - a) the default gateway does not change
and b) the subnet is only being enlarged.

-Rajesh.