CLEANACCESS Archives

March 2010

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Michael Simpson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Mar 2010 10:35:48 -0600
Another fun problem with our new OOB wireless configuration.  I've now
seen a few clients that come in to our helpdesk after their NAC Agent
gives the following error:
"Invalid switch configuration-OOB Error:OOB client "mac/ip" not found.
Please contact your network administrator."

I noticed that the machines that had this issue had a MAC Bridge
Miniport configured on their machine.  At first we were just putting
them into the filter list to allow them on but I noticed that if I
uninstalled the Mac Bridge Miniport and killed the bridging they had
setup than CCA would work as expected.  So far this seems to be only
affecting the OOB system the In-Band users have not experienced this
issue.

Does anyone know of a way to prevent this error from happening to
users who have these bridge setups?

Thank you,

Michael Simpson
Network Engineer