CLEANACCESS Archives

February 2006

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Michael Grinnell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Feb 2006 18:16:49 -0500
I would highly recommend putting it on another server, not on the CAM
or CAS.  Cisco can and will make changes to the CAM and CAS that
could easily break your application, not to mention the added
headache of upgrades and backups.

If you're looking for a nice distro of Linux for this, you might
check out CentOS (www.centos.org).  It's Redhat Enterprise without
the support contract, and the users on the mailing list are
remarkably helpful.

Michael Grinnell
Network Security Administrator
The American University