CLEANACCESS Archives

October 2006

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Michael Case <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Oct 2006 08:06:04 -0400
Good morning --

I've been meeting with each residence hall and one conclusion seems obvious.
 The students don't like how long it takes to log into the CAA client.

We have the original Dell configuration from when we purchased Perfigo
during the Fall '04 semester.  But the servers are not being taxed at all.

When a student logs in, he/she will have to wait a couple minutes before
getting access.  That's problematic because the college has asked students
to turn off PCs at night for energy conservation.  When they get up and want
to scan their email before class, they don't want to wait 2+ minutes and I
don't blame them.

Where should I start looking?  I searched this list serve for "slow login"
and different variants but found nothing.

Thanks,
Michael Case
ITS Director
Manchester College