CLEANACCESS Archives

May 2006

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Franklin, Elliott" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 May 2006 10:19:22 -0500
We are also dealing with summer camp guest access in CCA.  Have not
settled on a definite solution but it looks like we may use the built-in
guest access button and rate limit as well as port limit to only 80 and
443.

In regard to your question, yes, that is what we are doing in regard to
AV.  If you choose the Any option, it will check for any of the listed
products.  We feel this is an enforceable option since at least one of
the products listed (Avast) is a free AV scanner.

Elliott Franklin, CISSP
Information Security Analyst
Texas State University-San Marcos
http://www.vpit.txstate.edu/security