CLEANACCESS Archives

April 2009

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Robert J. Rutkowski" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Apr 2009 10:25:45 -0400
Thanks Bruce. That's what I thought, but have been able to avoid this since before Vista and all of the variations of XP, so it was a lot less tedious. I suppose if I didn't have the rest of the network and servers to manage it wouldn't be that big of a deal, but we are a small institution and I can't afford to spend that much time doing this weekly.

Similar to others on this list the announced end of life support for CCA running on hardware of our choice has made us begin to look into other solutions. This IE8 issue just confirms that Cisco is not the right solution for us anymore.

We too have had this in place dating back to Perfigo days, where it helped tremendously. If Cisco had kept up on this and kept us happy then we'd never even look anywhere else, but they are forcing us to at this point.

Eric - I had the same thoughts as you about another listserv. It would be good to have a place where everyone could discuss what they've researched and implemented, success and failures, etc.. I'm sure we can do it on this list, but the people who signed up strictly for CCA might get sick of hearing us. Although the other thought on that is maybe they will read success stories and it will influence them to leave Cisco!

Rob