CLEANACCESS Archives

February 2009

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
"Speight, Howard" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 2009 08:51:46 -0500
No, that didn't occur to me, DHCP "shouldn't" be giving two people the same IP address. At one time the WISM blade was set to DHCP only which wouldn't allow hard coded IP addresses to work (that doesn't stop someone from hard coding an IP), I'll have to inquire if that has changed. I believe there was a performance issue and there was a debate as to whether to turn that off. I searched on my Mac address, not the IP, good tip... :-)