CLEANACCESS Archives

April 2008

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Joe Feise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Apr 2008 09:58:39 -0700
Osborne, Bruce W. (NS) wrote on 04/16/08 09:36:

> Joe,
>
> Joe,
>
> That is a *old* report, last updated in September 2006. None of the
> Clean Access 4.x.x versions are listed. Cisco responded to this, as
> listed in the "References" link. Since versions 4.x.x have been out for
> almost a year and a half, this report may be discarded unless it is
> updated to be currently relevant.

Sure, the code we wrote may not work anymore (it was only proof of concept,
anyway), but the concepts still do. There are programs out there that bypass CCA
4.x.x.
It is fundamentally impossible to reliably detect the OS of a remote computer,
unless that remote computer is trusted. *That's* the main issue, and that's
something that CCA or similar products can not get around.

-Joe