CLEANACCESS Archives

September 2007

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
LDGarner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Sep 2007 09:01:41 -0400
Folks,

I hope someone has run into this and can suggest something....

When some of our students are required to upgrade Clean Access Agent,
they get an error that CCAAgent.msi cannot be found.  It's looking for
the folder in %temp% where the previous version was unpacked.  Normally,
this folder is named something like _is184 (the numbers vary).  It will
contain files named

   _ISMSIDEL.INI,
   0x0409.ini,
   CCAAgent.msi,
   Setup[version number].exe, and
   setup.ini

If the %temp% folder has been emptied, then the student cannot apply the
upgrade since the installer can't find the CCAAgent.msi file.  This
happens if they are attempting to install an upgrade or a full installer.

Is there _any_ thing we can do to stop the installer from looking for
these files?  After all, they are in the %temp% directory--this implies
they may be deleted w/o a problem.... but this is a major problem!

If we can't stop the installer from looking, what can we do?

--
Libby Garner
Library and Information Services