CLEANACCESS Archives

October 2006

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Greg Schaffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 2006 17:34:02 -0500
It simply amazes me when I hear something like this.  I guess acceptable
use policies, blocking policy and copyright violators, IDS/IPS and so on
are also privacy intrusions.  Oh, and of course the fact that each and
every resident doesn't have at least 6 Mbps dedicated to themselves is a
direct infraction on their constitutional rights to unlimited bandwidth.

Most residents recognize CCA for what it is; a method to keep their
network connection up and flowing as best as possible given the
available resources.  Those resources are not the same as a commercial
ISP.  Some do complain but they are the minority, and for the most part
once it is explained the reason for CCA is to *help* them they too
understand.

Greg