CLEANACCESS Archives

July 2012

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Chris Bradshaw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jul 2012 12:23:57 +0100
Hi....

I have been wanting to upgrade our CAS and CAM for quite a while
now....we are on 4.7.1....but on this mailing list every new release
is subsequently accompanied by a number of posts which list various
problems with the release (eg: I have seen 4.9.0 described as a train
wreck ;-)....

Our setup is provides in band NAC services for VPN access and nothing
else. It works well on 4.7.1, so unless I can be reasonably sure
upgrading won't screw everything up, I'd rather stick with what works
than risk the upgrade.

I was just wondering if anyone reading this would know or could
comment on whether 4.9.1 is sufficiently stable enough for me to
upgrade to? And more importantly, is there any possibility that some
features or functionality in 4.7.1 might be lost or messed up by
upgrading to 4.9.1?

Thanx muchly in advance.

Chris Bradshaw.