CLEANACCESS Archives

April 2007

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Michael Grinnell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Apr 2007 23:36:40 -0400
Kurt,

Here is a general AS audit.  It selects the newest report by MAC
address, restricted by IP if you wish, then displays the AS product
name, version, and def date for each report.

-- AS audit report
select a.dm_user as "User ID", a.dm_mac as "MAC Address",
z.max_report_time as "Report Time", b.av_prod_name as "AS Product",
b.av_prod_ver as "AS Version", b.av_def_date as "Spyware Definition
Date"
from dm_report a, dm_report_av b,
-- select newest report by mac in subnet
(select a.dm_mac, max(a.report_time) as max_report_time
from dm_report a
-- where a.dm_ip like '192.168.59%'  --limit to an IP
-- or a.dm_ip like '192.168.60%'
group by a.dm_mac) z
where a.dm_mac = z.dm_mac
and a.report_time = z.max_report_time
and a.report_id = b.report_id
and av_type='AS' -- use AV if you want to see AntiVirus
--order by a.dm_user
order by to_date(b.av_def_date, 'MM/DD/YYYY') -- may not work on some
strings
, a.dm_user

You could also add in a "where b.av_prod_name like '%Sweeper%' " to
get only the SpySweeper entries.  Remember that users can have more
than one AS or AV entry per report.

Here is another one.  It selects the newest report by MAC address,
restricted by IP if you wish, for a given requirement.  You can find
the requirement ids by doing 'select * from dm_soft_info'

-- Failed Requirements by User
select a.dm_user as "User ID", a.dm_mac as "MAC Address",
z.max_report_time as "Report Time", c.soft_name as "Requirement"
from dm_report a, dm_report_soft b, dm_soft_info c,
-- select the newest report by mac in subnet
(select a.dm_mac, max(a.report_time) as max_report_time
from dm_report a
where a.dm_ip like '192.168.59%'  --limit to an IP
or a.dm_ip like '192.168.60%'
group by a.dm_mac) z
where a.dm_mac = z.dm_mac -- join by MAC address and report_time
and a.report_time = z.max_report_time
and a.report_id = b.report_id -- join with individual requirement info
and b.soft_id = c.soft_id -- get the requirement name
and b.soft_id = 29 -- show reports for a specific requirement
and b.soft_status = 0 -- only show failed requirements
order by z.max_report_time, a.dm_user, c.soft_name

Hope that helps,

Michael Grinnell
Network Security Administrator
The American University