CLEANACCESS Archives

June 2009

CLEANACCESS@LISTSERV.MIAMIOH.EDU

From:
Daniel Sichel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jun 2009 08:16:39 -0700
>"OOB Error:failed to find Access VLAN ID after Role VLAN ID not found,
switch [switch IP] port [client port number]. Please contact your
network administrator."
>I haven't had any luck finding an answer in the documentation thus far.

>Has anyone run into this problem before? I'm assuming there's some
config missing on the switch on elsewhere in CCA, but it's not clear
what.

Are you using VTP? If so is the new switch a client and was the VTP
domain spelled right? If not are the requisite VLANs on the trunk.  I
know these are basic questions, and I ask them only because my recent
deployment had a slight "glitch"  that kept Clean Access from working
right in one building for reasons I would, ahem, rather not discuss.
Suffice it to say, the reasons were related to these questions.

Dan S.